Mozzarella sticks with less guilt! Baked Mozzarella Sticks are a great, easy way to enjoy your favorite snack without using the fryer!
Hey party people!
Ok, I don’t know where that came from.
But it’s also 7:30pm on Saturday night while I write this drinking a Belgian beer.
Is that still a thing?
Anyways, before I get too off track, Happy Monday everyone!
My weekend was PACKED! GEAR and the wedding are eating up all my time!
This weekend I worked on 4 posts for the blog. Two of which are really exciting sponsorships which I can’t wait to share with you guys soon =)
In between photographing and creating 4 blog posts, I also got to work on making signs for my wedding!
I have a massive list of things to do which is now beginning to stress me out. So, the only way I can feel better is just to knock some of those out. This weekend my task has been to make signs for the wedding. One sign I made was for my wedding greeters. Chase was even practicing!
Less than 3 months to go now!
So all of this then brings me here. To these Baked Mozzarella Sticks.
I definitely did not mind eating all of these this weekend.
I love a good mozzarella stick but hate frying. Hence, I created a delicious baked version in which you don’t even miss the fryer!
The secret to these mozzarella sticks is the freezer. Mozzarella sticks need to be really, really cold before they are cooked so that the cheese doesn’t just turn into a sloppy mess. The other key? Spraying cooking spray on top of the sticks. This helps the sticks brown as well as helps make them crispier. A win win!
These are perfect for bringing to your Superbowl and game day parties!
Happy baking and have a good week!
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs water
- 3 tbs all purpose flour
- 1¼ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 12 mozzarella sticks
- Cooking spray
- Marinara sauce
- (Optional: 12 pepperoni slices)
- Beat egg with water in a small bowl. Set aside. Place flour and breadcrumbs in two separate dishes. Roll each mozzarella stick first in flour. Next, dip each mozzarella stick entirely in egg. Finally, roll each stick in breadcrumbs, gently pressing crumbs into the mozzarella stick. Once done breading the mozzarella sticks, wrap each stick individually and place in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
- (Option: Pepperoni stuffed mozzarella sticks are also really good! To do this, carefully cut a slit ¾ of the way deep along the length of the stick. Slice each piece of pepperoni into 4 slivers, and carefully place the slivers in the opening in the mozzarella stick. Then, continue to bread and freeze mozzarella sticks as indicated above).
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place each mozzarella stick on the baking sheet. Spray the top of each stick with cooking spray as this helps it brown. Place in the preheated oven and bake 5-7 minutes. (I recommend keeping an eye on the mozzarella sticks while they bake. The first time I tried it mine were melted at 6 minutes! Watch them to make sure they don't melt.)
- Remove baked mozzarella sticks from the oven and allow to sit 3 minutes. Serve sticks with marinara sauce of choice.
Here are more great snacks!