BLT Wedge Salad is a quick and simple meal option! Bacon, tomato, avocado, and cheese help give this salad amazing flavors and textures!
There is a brand new addition to the Go Eat and Repeat family!
Everybody, meet Chase =)
My family and I picked up this little guy last Friday and have been chasing him around ever since! [Ha, his name is Chase and I was chasing him around ;)] He made himself right at home here. As soon as we let him out of the car he was exploring our yard, finding sticks to chew up, and tried tearing branches off one of our little bushes. He just acts like he’s been here his whole life! He loves to explore and is fearless. This little guy is definitely a trouble maker- so don’t let his cuteness fool you!
I try to take pictures of him but he never sits still for more than .34523 seconds without moving again. The only time I can get his picture is when he is asleep! That’s ok, I will just stealthily wait for the perfect photo-op with him!
Chasing him around all day makes me exhausted! He really requires constant supervision! With that stress I need something quick and simple for dinner.
In comes this BLT Wedge Salad.
Not only is it gorgeous, but it is so simple to make too! This salad can be prepared in about 10 minutes start to finish!
The other great part about this salad is the flavor combinations. I love that tangy blue cheese dressing, the salty and crispy bacon, that juicy tomato, and the smooth and creamy avocado. It all combines just so perfectly, I can’t resist!
While I continue to chase Chase around, I hope you can enjoy this salad! And I will also try to get more pictures of his cute little furry self!
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 1 lime
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into 6 wedges
- 12 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Blue cheese or ranch salad dressing, to taste
- Cook bacon on medium heat until brown and crispy on each side. Place on a piece of paper towel to drain. Crumble bacon and set aside. Next, slice avocado into small cubes. Cut lime in half and squirt juice over avocado chunks to prevent browning. Set aside.
- Assemble the salads by topping each wedge with reserved bacon crumbles, avocado, tomatoes, shredded cheese, and dressing.