Broccoli Cheddar Quiche is an easy and hearty breakfast! Cheddar cheese, broccoli, and sautéed onions make this a great start to your day!
All my life I thought I loved the cold weather. And to an extent, I do. I love snuggling under a blanket, eating a big bowl of soup, and having lazy days when the weather is yucky outside. However, more and more I believe I’m transitioning to a warm weather person. I’m tired of putting on 16 layers of clothing to go outside. I’m tired of scraping ice off of my windshield. I’m even tired of the lack of fresh produce.
After starting Go Eat and Repeat, I realized how much I loved working with fresh produce. Every week in the spring and summer I was making something with ingredients I bought down the road at a local market. I made a Summer Corn Salad, Fresh Tomato and Ricotta Bruschetta, and Prosciutto Caprese Bites. And they all were so delicious!
I’m definitely missing that farm stand these days. I just hope that little groundhog is right and that winter is almost over!
Since the warm weather and sunshine hasn’t reentered my life, I decided to make a little sunshine for breakfast. Broccoli Cheddar Quiche. It is just so cheerful!
Now I’ll admit, even though I’m not really a big breakfast eater, even I loved this quiche. It was so warm and cheesy. The broccoli was covered in cheesy deliciousness and the pie crust shell adds the perfect crispy bite. It is super tasty. One breakfast that even I can approve of!
So while I wait for the warm weather to come back, I’ll just indulge with another slice or two of this Broccoli Cheddar Quiche.
- 1 store bought pie crust
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups frozen broccoli, cooked and chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place the pie crust in a 9" round baking dish, gently pressing the dough so it fits the dish. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Once heated, add onion and saute until onion is translucent. Place onions and broccoli in the prepared pie crust.
- In a bowl whisk eggs well. Whisk in milk, pepper, salt and cheese. Pour egg mixture into the pie shell. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes until the eggs have set and the top is golden. Allow to sit for 5 minutes and serve warm.