Bursting with the flavor of fall, these Candied Pecan Pumpkin Muffins are ones not to miss! The light and airy muffin filled with sweet roasted pecans will make you want to relax and indulge in each and every one!
Can you believe that it is already October 6th and I have yet to post one pumpkin inspired recipe? Where have I been this whole time! Distracted I suppose by caramel, cupcakes, and sticky buns… Yum =)
Well now it is time for that to change! Up next, Candied Pecan Pumpkin Muffins. I’m not sure what’s better- the pumpkin part or the candied pecans part…?
But alas! I don’t have to choose because I get both in one mouth-watering, beautiful little muffin.
One of my favorite things about these muffins is how light and airy they are. The batter is just enough to pull the bread together without weighing it down. Then, the muffin is made 1000x better with the addition of sweet, brown sugar roasted pecans. The nuts are roasted in the oven giving them a really nice toasty flavor in addition to all of that sugary goodness!
Your house will be filled with the pure scents of fall while these bake. The pungent pumpkin and herby nutmeg float through the house making it smell like the best of the season. Even after they are finished baking they continue to make your home smell like a pumpkin spice nirvana. They are that amazing.
I’d say these are a pretty good start to October and to pumpkin everything season. All it has me wanting to do is go out to the craft store and buy tons of cute and festive Halloween/fall goodies! If only there were a Michaels in Italy…
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Prepare the pecans. Preheat the oven to 350F. Toss pecans with melted butter. Sprinkle pecans with brown sugar and cinnamon, tossing until all pecans are coated. Place in a single layer on a greased baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the pecans cook, prepare the muffins. Whisk sugar, pumpkin puree, water, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract until fully incorporated. In a separate bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Slowly incorporate the dry mixture into the wet mixture, whisking gently just until mixture is combined. Add in reserved nuts and gently stir to combine.
- Pour batter into a lined muffin tin, filling each cup 3/4 way. Place in the preheated 350F oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tray 5 minutes. Store in an air-tight container.