Cauliflower Cheddar Soup is creamy, cheesy, warm, and comes together in just 35 minutes! It’s like Broccoli Cheddar Soup but with cauliflower!
I have been just chugging along with wedding stuff lately. Which, by the way, is 53 days away.
Yeah, this is getting real.
But being Type A and of German descent, I am WAY ahead on my to do list.
This coming weekend is my bridal shower (hooray!) and this past weekend I helped my mom set up stuff around the house for it. Oh and I also baked 4 batches of brownies to throw in the freezer for the rehearsal dinner. Even if it’s a few weeks away, they’re great just to throw in the freezer and pull out the morning of!
It’s definitely starting to all come together and feel real. I can’t believe that two months from now I’ll be married!
Let’s reminisce at one of my engagement photos again =)
Ok, back to business. And this is seriously delicious business- Cauliflower Cheddar Soup. Yes, it’s like your favorite Broccoli Cheddar Soup but just with cauliflower!
It’s creamy, cheesy, warm, and so comforting. Even though this February has been not so cold, it is still hitting the sweet spot. And as if I need another reason to make this, it can be pulled together in just 35 minutes!
Enjoy this soup for now and I can’t wait to share all the sweet details from my bridal shower next week =)
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (optional)
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 3 tbs all purpose flour
- 1½ cups milk, warmed
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp seasoning salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Croutons (if desired)
- Pour chicken stock into a large pot over medium high heat. Add in prepared cauliflower, celery, and onion. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Allow to simmer 10-12 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Turn pot off of heat. With an immersion blender, blend cauliflower mixture to desired consistency (I like mine mostly smooth with a few small chunks). Set aside.
- In a large saute pan, melt butter on medium low heat. Whisk in flour and allow to cook 1 minute until bubbly and combined. Gradually whisk in warmed milk, whisking until thickened.
- Pour mixture into blended cauliflower. Turn heat onto medium, and add salt, seasoning salt, and black pepper to the pot. Stir until combined. Stir in cheese and stir until melted. Add croutons and extra cheese to top and serve.
More soups to love!