Summer is singing with this light and fresh Cheesy Zucchini Cornbread! Fresh zucchini and cheddar cheese pack this cornbread full of flavor!
Can you believe it is August already? This summer has been flying by! I in particular am shocked that I get to leave for Italy again in just 29 days!
My boyfriend makes fun of me but I seriously might start packing soon. I mean, come on, I’m going to be there for almost 3 months! I need to plan my wardrobe very carefully! But hey, it’s my German roots. I just have to have a clear and organized plan and have it ready to go weeks in advance…. But at least I admit it 😉
My plan is to pack all my summer clothes in my checked bag and ship a few heavier pieces and winter shoes. Hopefully I’ll be able to live without them for like two weeks!
While I let packing just sit on the horizon for a bit longer, I sat down to plan my recipes for the week. I knew I wanted to keep up with the summer vegetable/fruit theme! My blog has been noticeably slim on zucchini recipes so I set out to make a recipe using this summer veggie. But just another ordinary zucchini bread recipe wouldn’t do. I wanted to do something a little more fun, of course cheesy, and perfect with summer bbqs!
The result is this Cheesy Zucchini Cornbread! It is the perfect complement to any summer dinner. The combination of Greek yogurt and milk make this cornbread super moist and tender. Then, the cheesy goodness just oozes out of the bread as you cut out your first piece. It’s a great way to sneak in some healthy tidbits for your family and friends!
This is a true winner for any summer BBQ or dinner. Try it out! Like, right now. You won’t regret it =)
- 1 1/4 cups cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tbs lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 zucchini, grated and squeezed (~3/4 cup)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease an 8x8" pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together mixture with a fork.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir until combined. Pour into prepared baking pan and place in the preheated oven. Cook 32-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
You might also like this other BBQ ready side!