Lunch is more delicious with these Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps! Lose the bread and extra calories by making this leafy green version!
Hello friends! Happy Monday! Yeah, I’m mixing it up today by posting on a Monday!
I feel like the last few weeks I haven’t had much of interest to say on the blog. So that’s lame. But I do have some updates for you today.
- I got a new job! That’s cool. Today is my first full day!
- School starts today- my last semester until I complete my MBA!
- I booked a florist for the wedding and am super excited. I think they are going to do a fabulous job for us!
- I’m altering my posting schedule for GEAR.
Wait, what was that you say? Altering my posting schedule?
Yes friends, you read that correctly.
Starting a new full time job, while being an almost full time student, as well as planning a wedding means I need to alter my routine a little bit. And unfortunately that means I need to cut back on posting new recipes. Instead of posting two new recipes a week I will only be posting one for the time being. I just have so much on my plate I need to knock out school so I can focus more on GEAR when I’m done.
Now, who knows, maybe I’ll find I still have plenty of time to share new amazing recipes. But, for now, I will be posting just one new recipe a week.
Sad face =(
But I still love you so I will still be active on social media!
Anyways, now that the bad news is over, let’s talk about the good. Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps.
Given my new schedule, I wanted to make a lunch so delicious that I couldn’t wait to eat it everyday. And when I think of delicious lunches I think of chicken salad.
Maybe it’s because I don’t have it a lot, but I am obsessed with it! I love how creamy it is but also filling! And this version is even better because I’m tossing the heavy bread and replacing it with boston lettuce!
The lettuce is smooth and crisp, and naturally in a bowl shape! In tossing the bread I save myself a ton of calories and get to enjoy the taste of the chicken salad even more. And that is the whole point after all.
I made this for my first day of work and it was perfect. I definitely looked forward to lunch all morning!
Enjoy and happy cooking!
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken breasts (about 2 rotisserie chicken breasts)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbs sliced almonds
- 1 tbs dried cranberries
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 leaves boston lettuce
- Combine chicken breasts, mayonnaise, almonds, cranberries, salt and pepper in a bowl. Gently mix until combined and all chicken is coated. Place ¼ of chicken salad on each lettuce leaf. Store extra chicken salad in an air-tight container for up to one week.
Try these other easy lunches!