Chocolate Ganache Bundt Cake is a dessert to impress! Rich chocolate ganache covers vanilla cake to make this decadent treat!
Last week was spring break from my program. So in light of this I had all these grandiose ideas of all the things I could get done for wedding planning, my blog, and even getting ahead on school work. Well, as usual, I planned WAY too much making it virtually impossible to complete my goals.
Now, I did do some stuff. I got a really cool social media scheduler for GEAR which lets me post updates on my accounts throughout the day without sitting behind my phone for each of them. I’ve seen results already and it’s great! My one friend said she’s seen so much more of my stuff!
I also got ahead in my finance class and completed a test which isn’t due for about two weeks yet. Oh, and we got our photographer and I scheduled dress appointments! So that’s stuff.
I didn’t get as much as I’d like completed, but at least it was something. Once I stop working (and before I go back to Italy) I’ll have more time to focus on school and my lovely readers!
Well today I’m sharing a recipe with you that is inspired by one of the recipes I posted last year- Marble Cake. Matt bought a German food magazine for me a few months back and I found this GORGEOUS Chocolate Caramel Bundt Cake in there that I HAD to make. Well it didn’t turn out quite like I expected, so I altered it into today’s creation- Chocolate Ganache Bundt Cake!
This cake is so delicious. Sweet cake, spotted with a few chocolate chips, then topped with a thick, and creamy ganache, this dessert is delicious! That rich chocolate ganache is the winner of this dish, making each bite even more decadent. Inspired by my German heritage, it is definitely one to try!
- Cooking spray
- Flour, to dust
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups white granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a 10″ bundt or tube pan. Coat inside of pan with a thin layer of flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter until smooth. Gradually add in sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- In a separate dish, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add milk and flour mixture alternatively to the creamed batter, mixing just until all ingredients are incorporated into the batter. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake in the preheated oven about 65 minutes or until a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Invert pan onto a wire rack and carefully remove the cake from the pan. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the ganache. Place a small pot filled half-way with water on the stove and bring to a boil. Place a glass bowl over the pot so that it rests above the water level. Add in chocolate chips and stir, allowing the steam to melt the chocolate (stirring consistently). Once melted, turn off the heat and whisk in cream and butter, beating until smooth and creamy. Set aside for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Spoon ganache over the top of the cake liberally. Place cake in the refrigerator to cool and allow the ganache to set.