This Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is perfectly smooth and creamy! It is a delicious dessert that can be ready quickly and with minimal baking!
I must say, as much as I would like to claim this idea as my own, I cannot. As I was lying in bed one evening, I pulled out my tablet to scroll Pinterest for recipe inspiration. As I was scrolling through the pages, all of a sudden I hear Matt telling me to go back up the page to look at a particular recipe. That recipe was I Wash You Dry’s Chocolate Bottomed Peanut Butter Pie. He insisted that I made this before I left. With my trip nearing its end, I set out one day to test this recipe.
As I was putting it together I knew Matt found a winner. It is so simple to make and so creamy and delicious. I made a few minor changes to the recipe, but otherwise I Wash You Dry had it on point!
As soon as Matt came home he insisted that we try a piece. As soon as he put the first bite in his mouth he closed his eyes and I heard a loud “mmmm” coming from him. I knew I had done well then.
As I sit here enjoying my pie, I want to share another update with you. If you scroll below you will notice that I have implemented printable recipe cards to my page! I am in the process of upgrading a variety of aspects on my site to make it easier to navigate and to show bigger, more full pictures. Also on the agenda is put a portrait of myself on the site and design the official Go Eat and Repeat logo. I had a logo I drew out a few weeks ago, but I have since been inspired to change and reinvent it. It’s a lot of work but I’m really excited for how it’s going to turn out! I can’t wait to roll out these changes to you in the coming weeks!
Finally, thank you for supporting Go Eat and Repeat! It’s a project that I am really passionate about and I wouldn’t be able to grow like I have been without you, my readers! I hope you like the changes I am going to be implementing!
- 1 store bought pie crust, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbs honey (or 4 1/2 tsp)
- 8oz cool whip, thawed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 10-12 mini Reese's peanut butter cups
- 3 tbs chocolate chips
- Grease a 9" baking dish. Cook pie crust according to package directions. Remove crust from the oven and set aside.
- While the crust is cooking, prepare the ganache. In a bowl, combine chocolate chips, heavy cream, vanilla extract and honey. Place bowl in microwave and heat until chocolate is melted, stirring every 15-30 seconds to prevent burning. Once the chocolate is melted, stir well until the mixture is fully incorporated.
- Pour chocolate ganache into the cooked pie crust. Place pie in freezer 20 to 25 minutes to allow the ganache to set.
- While the pie is chilling, prepare the filling. In a separate bowl, gently mix cool whip, milk, peanut butter and vanilla pudding mix together.
- Once the ganache has begun to set, gently spread on peanut butter mousse.
- Top pie with chopped Reese's and drizzle on melted chocolate made from the remaining 3 tbs chocolate chips.
- Store in the refrigerator.