Who doesn’t need one more way to enjoy chocolate covered strawberries? These Chocolate Strawberry Croissants are a quick and simple breakfast option full of delicious flavor!
Do you ever just have one of those mornings? The ones where you didn’t get any sleep the night before, you stub your toe, the dogs won’t stop barking, there are ants in the kitchen, etc.?
Yeah. That is all me today. And it’s only 8am. So that’s fun.
But you know what makes me feel better? That I get to enjoy several of these Chocolate Strawberry Croissants.
Chocolate and strawberry makes everything better. And it reminds me of chocolate covered strawberries. Which are amazing.
These croissants are so simple and have only 5 ingredients. AND they’re so tasty. The warm croissant and jam pair perfectly with the melted chocolate drizzle on top.
So if you’re having a morning like me, enjoy 3 of these like I am right now.
- 1 (12oz) tube crescent roll dough (I used one with 8 inside)
- 1 jar strawberry preserves
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll crescent rolls onto prepared baking sheet and separate the rolls. Scoop 3 to 4 teaspoons of preserves into the wide bottom and through the center of each roll (leaving the 2-3" of the tip plain). Roll each crescent up starting from the wide side and ending with the tip centered in the middle. Gently shape each one so it is curved. Press any open sides together to help seal in preserves (some will spill out regardless, but sealing any open sides help keep the preserves in place).
- Brush each croissant gently with beaten egg. Place in the preheated oven and allow to cook 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- While the croissants cool, melt chocolate chips and milk in the microwave (microwaving in 15 second intervals and stirring until melted). Drizzle melted chocolate over cooled croissants.
Here are more strawberry treats!