This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thanks to the brands who continue to make Go Eat and Repeat possible! #CerealShakeup #CerealAnytime #CollectiveBias
Cinnamon Cereal Snickerdoodles are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside! These cookies have all the great cinnamon sugar flavor of traditional snickerdoodles, but with a twist!
Oh cookies, how I love thee.
Baking cookies with my mom and grandma is what really got me first into cooking, and it is still one of my favorite things to make. I love to just take it easy and bake. No thinking. No stress. Just me in the kitchen with my bowl and spoon, mixing up a little bite of heaven.
I used to bake chocolate chip cookies and sugar cookies exclusively with my family. After all, chocolate chip are my dad’s favorites, and sugar cookies were a classic around Christmas. It wasn’t actually until recently that I discovered snickerdoodles and how tasty they are! Although, let’s be honest, I never met a cookie I didn’t like. Except oatmeal raisin. Cause those raisins look so darn similar to chocolate chips!
Wait, where was I? Oh that’s right, snickerdoodles.
These Cinnamon Cereal Snickerdoodles are not your average snickerdoodle. They still have that great chewy inside, but also have a crispy outside!
This is achieved in two ways. 1) Chilling the dough. Chilling the dough helps prevent the cookies from spreading too much in baking thus leaving you with a more crispy all over cookie. 2) Rolling them in new Cinnamon Pebbles cereal. Now I know this sounds a bit odd, but the Cinnamon Pebbles cereal is so perfect because it has great flavor and adds a perfect crunch to the outside of the cookie! It is a crispy rice cereal with a delicious cinnamon sweetness to it! The Cinnamon Pebbles are a new variety of a classic cereal which has been making mornings more enjoyable for 40 years. Because if I have to wake up at 5:35 am, at least I can get a good breakfast out of it. I picked my Cinnamon Pebbles up at Walmart the other day!
And since I always have to look around for more goodies in the grocery section, I also got a huge bag of Malt-O-Meal’s Cookies & Cream as well as Honey Bunches of Oats Pecan & Maple Brown Sugar. Malt-O-Meal comes in over 33 varieties and is never made with high-fructose corn syrup. Honey Bunches of Oats is great too because every bite is different! I love getting a big bite of the pecans myself! So what can I say, I got a little carried away in the cereal aisle this week.
But that’s ok because I can use them in meals other than for breakfast, like dessert!
And now that I’ve got snickerdoodles, I can’t go back!
Enjoy and happy baking!
- 1 package sugar cookie mix
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups Cinnamon Pebbles cereal
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pour sugar cookie mix into a large bowl. Add cinnamon, egg, and softened butter to the bowl and mix until a soft dough forms (you may need to press some of it together with your hands to get it to stick). Scoop dough into tablespoon sized balls. In a smaller bowl, pour in Cinnamon Pebbles.
- Roll each dough ball in the Cinnamon Pebbles, pressing the cereal into all sides of the dough. Place prepared cookie dough ball on the lined baking sheet. Repeat with all of the dough, placing cookies 1 to 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Place the baking sheets in the refrigerator and allow to chill for 20 minutes.
- After 15 minutes of chilling, preheat oven to 350F. Remove the trays from the refrigerator and place in the preheated oven for 9 to 12 minutes or until the edges of the cookie are lightly golden in color. Remove the tray from the oven and allow to sit for 1 minute. Place cookies on a wire cooling rack until completely cooled. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Looking for more #CerealAnytime ideas? Check out this Pinterest board!
THE FLINTSTONES and all related characters and elements © & ™ Hanna-Barbera. (s17)