Curried Chickpea Sandwiches are a fresh take on lunch. These sandwiches are flavored with curry, red onion, mustard and mayonnaise!
While the (future) hubby is away…
So Matt got sent away for work on Sunday so that meant I had a whole extra day to myself where I could cook up the kind of food that I enjoy which he isn’t as much a fan of.
What that means is that it is my time to experiment with curry. He’s not much a fan of curry or Indian food but I’ve recently grown to love it. I’ve been salivating for some butter chicken lately but just can’t find the spices I need to make it! Nevertheless, in order to satisfy some of these cravings I decided to make these delicious Curried Chickpea Sandwiches.
These sandwiches are a wonderful addition to your lunch rotation. While being a vegetarian meal, it is still SO filling because chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans) are loaded with protein! This protein helps you feel full longer and are a great source of nutrients!
Combine the chickpeas with some red onion, mayo, curry, salt and pepper, and BOOM! Sandwich glory.
One way to make this recipe stand out even more would be to add a touch of sweetness to the mix. Chopped apples add a really great flavor to the sandwiches!
Even though I’m without Matt for part of the weekend, at least I can get my curry fix in!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbs finely diced red onion
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp curry
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Optional: 2 tbs raisins or chopped apples
- 6 slices sandwich bread
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 3 leaves lettuce
- In a bowl mix together chickpeas, red onion, mayonnaise, mustard, curry, salt, pepper and raisins or apples if desired.
- Prepare the sandwich by scooping some prepared chickpeas on the bread and top with a slice of tomato and a lettuce leaf. Serve chilled or at room temperature.