Comfort food doesn’t get any better than this Easy Chicken and Dumplings. This recipe is straight out of Mom’s kitchen and takes just 30 minutes to make!
Hello lovely people! How was your weekend?
Mine was pretty good! I decided to take a break from school and just relax and enjoy my days off. On Saturday my mom and I went to a local dinner theater and saw “Sister Act”.
We both love seeing shows but hardly ever go. After seeing Sister Act though I want to go more! The show was amazing! All the singing and choreography, as well as how they used the circular stage was amazing! I’ve been singing songs from it all weekend! It was really great.
To make my weekend even better, on Sunday I got in the kitchen and started working on these Easy Chicken and Dumplings.
I’ve been craving these Easy Chicken and Dumplings for awhile. One, because it is now chilly out, and two, because it is a tried and tested favorite.
This recipe is especially good because it is a recipe straight from my mom’s recipe box. I’m not sure where she got it or how she developed it, but I love it because it is so simple and so delicious. I’ve made this for Matt several times and we always end up with very few leftovers.
It was a perfect way to finish out my weekend. I hope you find time to make it this season!
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (16oz) bag frozen peas and carrots (about 3 cups)
- 3 cups roughly chopped chicken (I recommend using a rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cans condensed cream of celery soup (you could also use cream of mushroom or cream of chicken)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 cups bisquick
- ⅔ cup milk
- Heat 3 cups milk, frozen vegetables, chicken, soup, and bouillon in a large pot over medium to medium high heat. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, stir bisquick and ⅔ cup milk in a bowl until soft dough forms. Separate into 16 even sized balls.
- Once liquid is boiling, drop dough balls on top of the chicken mixture. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 10 minutes. Cover and cook mixture an additional 10 minutes. Serve immediately
Try these other comfort food classics!