Citrusy and fresh, this Foil Packet Lemon Salmon is the perfect flavor packed dinner. Easy to make and all around healthy, this dish is something you can truly feel good about!
I’m back for my first live post in Italy! It seems like since I’m gotten here that time has flown by!
The day I got here, which was last last Thursday by the way, was also the same day that Matt finally got to move off of base and out into town.
It is super exciting to see
his our new place and to start filling it with all of our things. The building is like a town home and consists of four floors! The first floor serves as an entry way. The second, where I am writing this from, consists of our living room and kitchen. The third floor has the master bedroom and a spare bedroom, and the top floor houses a loft and rooftop balcony. There are balconies nearly off of every room so that I can open up the doors and let tons of fresh light and air in. Oh, and of course there’s a great little pastry shop right down the road. I mean, that is kind of a necessity. Le duh.
The other awesome thing about this place? It has its very own lemon and lime trees! It’s awesome to walk downstairs or over to one of the balconies and be able to pick some fresh fruit!
Because of this, I knew I had to post a lemon or lime recipe with the goodies that I picked out of the tree myself!
Look, I picked those lemons!
What occurred then was this Foil Packet Lemon Salmon. I’ve been meaning to post a salmon recipe on my page forever and today is finally the day to do it!
This salmon is so good. Like SO. GOOD.
It kind of is scampi-esque in that it is heavily seasoned with olive oil and garlic with a touch of butter. Adding in fresh lemons makes the whole dish pop even more with an even greater flavor profile.
Plus, it is so healthy for you! Salmon is packed full of good proteins and makes this a virtually fat free dish! The fish is thick enough to become a filling entrée and the green beans below it soak up all that delicious lemon scampi flavor!
Yum. Scampi =)
There is nothing not to love about this dish! It’s easy to clean up, delicious, and so healthy for you! This makes it a great dinner for any occasion or night of the week!
(PS Sorry for not having great photos- still trying to figure out the lighting in this place!)
- 2 lemons
- 2 to 3 cups fresh green beans, ends trimmed off
- 2 (5oz) salmon filets
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbs butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F. Tear two pieces of aluminum foil to cook the fish in (I suggest two pieces of foil that are about 8”x12” each).
- Take one lemon and cut it into four ¼” thick slices. Set aside. Juice the remaining lemon into a bowl.
- Divide green beans and place half of each in the center of each piece of aluminum foil. On top of the beans, place a salmon filet, skin side down. Sprinkle half of olive oil, butter, and garlic onto each filet. Top each piece with two reserved lemon slices and lemon juice (about 1/3 cup total). Then, sprinkle salt, pepper and melted butter over each piece.
- Tightly wrap up the foil packets and place them seam side up in a baking dish.
- Bake salmon in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve warm in the foil packet or on a plate.
Want another fish recipe? Try out my Cajun Tilapia in Tomato Broth!