Dinner is served with this fast and flavorful Garlic Shrimp and Tomato Pasta! The light, fresh, and slightly spicy sauce will leave you begging for more!
GEAR followers. I have an exciting announcement! My photography family increased by one this week =) You guessed it, I got a new lens for my DSLR!
Thanks to my wonderful, photographing, sailor boyfriend, I am now the proud owner of a 50mm lens. Now, I will admit I’m not one to usually know much about these things. Fortunately for me, my boyfriend works with cameras and media equipment on a daily basis! Thank goodness for good connections! He has been hearing me gripe about my photos lately and surprised me with the new lens (thank you honey!).
At first, I will admit I was skeptical, but now I love the thing! It takes much more crisp photos and will actually allow me to take photos in something less than stadium lighting! I took my new toy out in the yard to play and here are some of my faves-
This camera is definitely making my life easier! The only trouble I’m having so far is that it doesn’t have an auto-focus feature which means I’m having to be extra careful about where exactly the focus is!
All of my photos this week were taken with my lovely new lens =)
Photo-taking was good, but let me tell you what. I had the hardest time deciding on a name for this pasta dish! After all, I had to decide how to put “best shrimp linguine pasta with tomatoes and garlic deliciousness with a kick of red pepper flakes that everyone will love ever” into just a few words. It was tough! Here are some of the other titles I was mulling over:
tomato garlic shrimp pasta
shrimp and garlic tomato pasta
shrimp and tomato pasta
shrimp linguine in a garlic tomato sauce
shrimp in garlic tomato sauce
shrimp and tomato scampi
After careful consideration I decided on Garlic Shrimp and Tomato Pasta because I found it to be one of the more descriptive, but less wordy, of my choices!
This dinner is mighty tasty! When tossed in the sauce, the linguine noodles absorb all of that beautiful broth. The result is a pasta that is light, fresh, garlicy, and with just a hint of heat. Plus, don’t even get me started on the shrimp! Seafood in pasta is seriously my favorite combination EVER!
This dish is definitely a win in my book. I hope it makes it into your kitchens soon too! =)
- 1 lb linguine noodles
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs butter
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/4-1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Basil, to garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt water and add linguine noodles, cooking until done, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and butter to the pan and allow the butter to melt. Once melted, add in garlic cloves and shrimp, cooking until shrimp have turned pink on all sides, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from the pan leaving the melted butter, garlic and olive oil in the skillet.
- To the skillet add the diced tomatoes and spices. Simmer on medium heat until tomatoes begin to break down, about 4 minutes.
- Add reserved shrimp and pasta to the skillet and simmer until the shrimp are heated through. Serve warm, garnished with basil if desired.
You might also like these Italian favorites!