Fresh and flavorful, this Greek Lemon Chicken with Tzatziki Sauce is an explosion of Mediterranean flavor! Quick to prepare and flavored with fresh dill, garlic, and lemon, this dish is a dinner time go-to!
Happy April Fools Day!
Are any of you the prankster type?
I’ve never been much of one cause I feel like I’m too self-conscious. I’m afraid if I do the wrong thing it will hurt someone’s feelings and I also don’t want to do something and have people too confused. I was gotten last year when one of my friends posted that they were engaged on April 1st. I was super excited until I looked down at the calendar and saw it was April 1st. It was kinda funny though because I was all giddy for her. But see then, she later told me she spent several hours texting everyone back that it was a joke for April Fools. So that’s just a hassle.
So instead of telling jokes, how about I just tell you about this AMAZING Greek Lemon Chicken with Tzatziki Sauce. It is SOOO good. Like, one of my favorite recipes yet good.
The marinated chicken is so fresh and lemony. Then, the tzatziki sauce is so cool and creamy, you will want to eat it by the spoonful! I feel I could practically just close my eyes and reappear on a Greek island sitting in a restaurant by the water.
And seeing as how I just made Greek Yogurt Breakfast Bark on Wednesday for Go Eat and Repeat, I’m definitely feeling that Greek food love.. yum =)
Other than its deliciousness, it is also so easy and so quick to put together! All the prep work was done in 20 minutes and after marinating, it only took about 5 minutes to cook! Talk about a healthy, power packed, weeknight dinner!
Enjoy this dinner tonight and happy cooking!
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 lemon, cut into slices
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup English cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs fresh dill, chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Combine all chicken ingredients in a resealable plastic bag and massage bag making sure all chicken is coated in some marinade. Place in the refrigerator and allow to marinade between 1 and 8 hours.
- After marinating, remove chicken from the bag with tongs and place chicken in a skillet placed on medium heat. (There is no need to oil or grease the pan as the chicken was marinating in oil). Cook chicken 2-3 minutes on each side or until the meat is white throughout the and juices run clear.
- While the chicken is marinating, prepare the tzatziki. Combine all tzatziki ingredients together in a bowl and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving.
- If you are unable to find fresh dill, free free to substitute in dried dill, but only use 1/3 of the amount that the recipe calls for.