These Greek Quinoa Bowls are the perfect lunch option! Healthy and made in just 15 minutes, this delicious meal is a must!
Lunches at work can be so tough because at the end of the day, the last thing you want to do is start preparing stuff for the next day, particularly lunch. I would go out all the time because I didn’t feel like putting a lunch together. However, this really adds up and costs you WAY more in the long run than if you just brought your lunch with you to work. Plus, how often do we get things that really aren’t healthy for us when we go out? For me, pretty often.
That’s why I worked to formulate a healthy, delicious and 15 minute lunch that anyone can bring with them to work.
The recipe is so simple in that while the quinoa cooks you have time to prepare all the other ingredients so that when the quinoa is done, you can throw it all in a bowl and go!
I have been loving this Greek Quinoa Bowl. Plus it is beautiful!
While I was photographing I was setting up the shot and beginning to test the brightness. While I was taking my first few photos I noticed some mysterious figure in the background…
(Don’t mind the blurriness and over exposure). How weird is that… But yep, there was Chase. So that was nice. He was very interested in my Greek Quinoa Bowls too!
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1½ cups quinoa
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 9 small tomatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (14oz) can artichoke hearts, drained
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Homemade tzatziki sauce
- Dill to garnish
- Bring 3 cups of chicken broth to a boil. Add in quinoa, reduce heat, cover and allow to simmer 14 to 18 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir and set aside.
- While the quinoa cooks, prepare vegetables as indicated above.
- To assemble the bowls, divide quinoa evenly between 4 bowls. Top each bowl with sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, feta, tzatziki sauce, and dill. Serve warm, chilled, or at room temperature.
Here are more simple lunch ideas!