This Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad is summer cookout and bbq ready! Soft creamy tortellini, sharp red onion, and salty feta make this side dish a favorite!
Oh summer, now we can officially say it is here! I am loving the warm, sunny weather and being able to get outside! Now, I know I will probably be sick of it a month from now, but still, I’m going to bask in it while I can!
Today’s post is going to be short and sweet because my mom is actually out visiting Matt and I for two weeks! This week I am showing her around Italy some by taking her to Rome, Florence, Capri, and the Amalfi Coast. We’ve got a lot to see!
So let me just jump right into this post then. Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad.
Doesn’t that just sound good?
This pasta salad is so delicious because of all of the amazing flavor and texture combinations it has. It is smooth and creamy. Then it’s sharp and crisp. Then it’s juicy and salty. It’s like a flavor party!
It combines the classic tastes of a Greek salad into one easy to make side dish perfect for summer bbq’s and cookouts! Plus, it can be served chilled or at room temperature so it’s super easy to work with! This pasta salad will definitely make you the party MVP!
- 1 lb cheese tortellini (about 84 pieces)
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large tomato, cut into bite sized pieces
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- Feta cheese, to taste
- Italian dressing, to taste (I used about ¼ bottle, or 4 oz)
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. When finished cooking, drain pasta and run under cold water until chilled.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop cucumber, tomato and onion.
- In a large serving bowl combine cooled tortellini, cut vegetables, feta cheese and Italian dressing. Toss gently to combine. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Here’s more summer side dish inspiration you might love!