This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thanks to the brands who continue to make Go Eat and Repeat possible! #GranolaMyWay #CollectiveBias
Greek Yogurt Breakfast Bark is a power-packed treat! Just 5 ingredients is all it takes to make this on-the-go breakfast and snack!
In addition to hurting my back getting out of bed and being tired all the time, the other thing that makes me feel old is the fact that I now own eye cream. I guess it was bound to happen eventually.
The packaging says it is “firming eye cream” but what I really could use it for is to help erase those dark circles under my eyes which seem to be a constant these days. In addition to being busy, the stress over work and school definitely doesn’t help. And hey, with my wedding getting close to a year away, it’s time to start some of these beauty treatments!
In addition to beauty treatments like eye creams, I know I need to start watching what I eat more. I TRY to eat well most of the time. Sometimes though, on long days, I just don’t have the time or energy to put into making something lean to eat. This goes for breakfast too which lately has either consisted of sugary cereals or a random hodgepodge of things I find in the refrigerator.
Well, these breakfast and snacking struggles are no more thanks to this Greek Yogurt Breakfast Bark. Made with just Greek yogurt, maple syrup, granola, strawberries, and blueberries, I get a snack that is both delicious and satisfying!
One of the stars of this dish is granola, and the one I used was Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Blueberry Pecan Granola. I love this granola because it is packed full of not one or two grains, but 7! (Whole grain oats, whole grain wheat, flaxseed, red quinoa, sunflower seeds, amaranth, and barley!) These grains help fill you up and are a great source of fiber and ALA omega-3. Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola is perfect in this bark, or for breakfast or mid-day snacking! It gives you some great energy to fuel your day and start it off strong! I found my Real Medleys SuperGrains Blueberry Pecan Granola at my local Walmart. Here’s a pic of the aisle where it was!
The other great thing is that this bark is SUPER easy to prepare. Simply mix the Greek yogurt and maple syrup and pour onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread the bark into a thin layer.
Then sprinkle on all sorts of goodies!
Then you cover and freeze it, and it is ready to serve!
With this quick and easy breakfast and snack, my day is sure to start out on the right foot! (And maybe eating better will help my eye cream be more effective, too)
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Blueberry Pecan Granola
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 3 to 4 strawberries, sliced
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix Greek yogurt and syrup in a bowl until combined. Pour onto prepared baking sheet and spread into a thin layer. Top with Real Medleys SuperGrains Blueberry Pecan Granola, blueberries, and strawberries.
- Cover the baking sheet with a piece of aluminum foil. Place in the freezer for two hours, or overnight, until the bark is fully frozen. Slice into desired squares. Serve immediately and keep stored in the freezer in an airtight container or bag.
- If you find the bark to be too cold to eat, pull the bark out of the freezer a few minutes before you decide to serve it. The bark will soften and warm up quickly. Just be careful not to leave it out too long or the yogurt will become too soft again and not hold its shape.