Get your taco fix in with these skinny Ground Turkey Tacos with Avocado! Delicious, flavorful, and nearly guilt free!
Tacos are a good way to celebrate Friday, right?
Well it is finally Friday. This last week has been filled with a lot of stress for Matt and I. We just each have so many different things going and so much to think about in the next year or so, we definitely could use a break.
Even though he isn’t here with me to enjoy these tacos, at least I have my lovely readers to gush about them to.
These tacos are EASY. And with only 30 minutes to make them start to finish, how could you say no?
They are very light and fresh. While the turkey is there to help fill you up, the tomatoes, avocado, and red onion really make the flavors pop without weighing you down.
Definitely what I need for a kinda dieting bride-to-be with not enough time on her hands.
So now, I think I’m going to take a nap. Or have a margarita. One of the two.
Happy Friday and happy cooking!
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 to 1½ lbs ground turkey
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 to 3 avocados, diced
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 12 small flour tortillas
- Parsley or cilantro to garnish
- Pour olive oil into a medium skillet pan over medium heat. Once heated, add turkey to the pan, breaking up meat as it cooks. After 3 minutes add in diced red onion, cumin, chili powder, paprika, and cayenne. Stir and continue to break up chunks of turkey until the meat is browned throughout, another 5-7 minutes or so. Once the turkey is cooked, drain any excess fat and set aside.
- Next, prepare remaining red onion, tomato, and avocado. Once the avocado is chopped, toss it in lime juice to prevent browning. Set aside.
- Place 6 tortillas between two damp paper towels and microwave for 30-45 seconds. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Assemble tacos by first laying in some ground turkey, followed by a few red onion slices, tomatoes, and avocado chunks. Garnish with parsley or cilantro if desired. Serve immediately.
Try these with your tacos tonight!