This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thanks to the brands who continue to make Go Eat and Repeat possible! #TeamPizza #CollectiveBias #cbias
Parmesan Garlic Breadsticks are the perfect complement to your dinner table! Made in minutes and supremely flavorful, these breadsticks are sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
It’s that time of year again. The time where “the big game” or “a crucial win” seem to be happening every weekend! I’m not one to complain though, I do love sitting down with my family and watching the game unfold.
We usually keep game day more relaxed. If we don’t have tickets to see our local team that weekend, the four of us will usually pull up a few close seats on the couch to hunker in for that day’s event.
There are also other little rituals we enjoy. These include my own Pinterest surfing during commercial breaks, my mom’s second half nap, and my brother picking at his guitar. I swear every week is the same. The dogs are usually lying in there with us, Tucker getting nervous if we get a little too rowdy supporting our team (poor Tuck!) If my fiance were there we’d also have to add the changing of the channel on every commercial break to catch up on what is going on in the league. To me that is just too much back and forth. I get why he wants to stay informed on all the games, and because he’s a sports nut, but I can’t focus on all of those games at once!
The added bonus is on cold days my dad will build a fire and keep it going all day, throwing on new logs every few hours. And don’t even get me started on the food.
Our family is one where food is king. Like really. We love to eat.
Sometimes it’s wings, sometimes it’s chili, but this week we all devoured some Red Baron Classic Crust 4- Cheese pizza. We are big into a nice crisp crust, so Red Baron provides us the “Crust Perfection in Every Bite” that we love!
Buying Red Baron pizza can make getting ready for game time so much easier! Using their pizza and Mrs. Smith’s pies is so convenient and really lets you focus on what is most important- family and the game that day. It even left me enough time to whip up some scrumptious Parmesan Garlic Breadsticks to go on the side. Because, how can you not have breadsticks with pizza?
These breadsticks are super easy to put together. I simply bought some store-bought dough. I used the kind you can buy in a tube and I chose the “pizza dough” variety. You could also use crescent roll or breadstick dough! But anyways, the first step is to unroll it and lie it flat on a cutting board.
Next, with a knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into 1″ thick strips.
Next you twist the strips and brush on the toppings- then put them in the oven to bake!
The result is amazing! The warm, cheesy, and garlicy breadsticks pair perfectly with our Red Baron pizza. They add a little more Italian flair to the meal and in just minutes!
I had to make sure to pace myself so I could enjoy a massive slice of Mrs. Smith’s Cherry Pie…
Mmmm, pie =)
I found both the Red Baron pizza and Mrs. Smith’s pies in the freezer aisles at my local Walmart!
I hope this post leaves you ready for game day and inspired to make some simple and amazing food! Go team!
- 1 (14oz) tube fresh pizza dough
- 4 tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Grated parmesan cheese, to taste (about 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll dough and lie flat on a cutting board. Cut dough into 1" wide strips and twist each strip into a spiral.
- With a marinade brush, brush half of the butter over the top of the breadsticks, ensuring butter reaches into all the crevices of the twists. Then gently sprinkle on half of the garlic salt and half of the parmesan cheese. Transfer breadsticks to the prepared baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and allow to bake for 15-18 minutes or until the breadsticks have become crispy on the outside and the cheese has browned slightly. Remove from the oven and brush remaining butter on the top, followed by another sprinkling of garlic salt and parmesan. Serve immediately.