Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins aren’t just good for breakfast, but for any time of the day! Rich creamy peanut butter makes these muffins moist and super addicting!
How’s it going today?
I’ve been busy checking up on my wedding registry to snoop and see what kinds of gifts people are getting for me.
Sure, you can say part of it takes away the surprise, but I really just like to see what kinds of things get taken off the list first. I’m registered at Crate and Barrel and Target, and right now most people are going for the Crate and Barrel gifts. One, my registry there is larger, and two, I’m not upset about it because I am obsessed with Crate and Barrel. I mean, I’m obsessed with Target too, but there is just something special about Crate and Barrel.
And no, I am not a paid spokesperson for them 😉
They just have such cute stuff! It’s one of those stores where you go in just to look around but as you are in there you see all these other things you have to have or else your life simply won’t go on. You know, that kind of store.
Well it’s no surprise then that I registered there and I keep compulsively checking to see what has been purchased, even though my bridal shower isn’t for a few weeks yet.
To hold me over my grandma did give me her gift while she was here- a standing mixer! And in hot pink, so it’s perfect and I love it.
I had been dying to use it so I finally got to break it in with these muffins.
I am a big muffin lover. I love just grabbing breakfast and being able to go with it. This makes muffins just the perfect breakfast.
And when I saw Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins I really began to drool. They sounded so amazing. Peanut butter in baked goods is awesome, and I’m a major chocoholic so it’s like a win win.
The muffins are soft but the top is slightly crisp. They are moist and full of tons of great peanut butter flavor. I made 18 of these muffins and they were all eaten in my house within 3 days. I’m actually surprised it took that long.
Ok, enough talk.
I’m going to grab the last muffin and go back to registry stalking.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbs unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1¼ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a muffin tin with paper baking cups and set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat together brown sugar, peanut butter, and butter until creamy. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk and mix until combined. Set aside. This is your wet mixture.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Turn the mixer on low and gradually incorporate flour mixture into the wet mixture. Mix just until combined. Add in chocolate chips and stir just until the chocolate chips are evenly sprinkled throughout the batter.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ of the way with batter. Place muffins in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, reduce heat to 375F and bake for another 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Once done baking, remove the muffins from the muffin tin to cool. Once completely cooled, store in an airtight container.
Here are more muffins to love!