Fizzy and fruity, this Pomegranate Orange Punch is a dream. Perfect for the fall and winter, it is a drink loaded with bright flavors and with the taste of freshness!
Happy holidays everyone!
Today is my last post for 2016!
As we wrap up the year, let’s all grab a drink and talk about goals for next year. But first, the drink.
I crafted up a perfect drink to bring in the new year with- a (spiked) Pomegranate Orange Punch.
I recently went over to my neighbors house where they served up a mean Pomegranate Martini. Which had me thinking, what other amazing drinks could I come up with that use pomegranate?
Pomegranates are great because pomegranates are a super food! They are loaded with vitamins and antioxidants and so difficult to turn down! Also, the seeds are DELICIOUS. After eating like 20 of them I decided I better Google and make sure they were edible. Good news: they are. So now you won’t have a slight pang of fear after eating half of them before seeing if they were poisonous or not.
Anywho, this drink is very fresh. The bubbly ginger ale keeps it light and really makes it feel special. The pomegranate juice adds a nice full flavor, and the citrus juice really lightens it up. Plus the vodka always makes for a good time 😉
Ok, now that we’re a few sips in, let’s talk New Years Resolutions. The annual goal that rarely makes it past February.
Do you have any resolutions this year?
For a few weeks now I’ve been thinking about GEAR and how I would like to see it changed. One of the biggest areas I want to improve at is becoming more real. Sometimes I just glaze over my life and get right to the recipe. But that’s no fun, I read blogs mostly because of the story I get while reading it. Being more real means sharing more of my struggles, my successes, and just letting you see a little bit more into who I really am.
Two, I want to engage more. I love using Instagram but am terrible about interacting with my audience. I want to get out there more often, and be sure to interact with my followers.
Three, I want to get back to the reason I started this blog, because I love to
eat cook. Sometimes I feel like I got away from what I really enjoy about this blog and wasn’t approaching it with the right attitude. I want to flip this around next year and get back to the reason I began.
I’ve been trying to implement these changes over the last few weeks because we have to start somewhere, and why wait til tomorrow to be the change you wish to see today?
Go get your resolutions next year, you’ll do great!
Happy cooking, happy new year, and thank you for giving me another great year at Go Eat and Repeat. You rock.
- 2½ cups ginger ale
- 2 cups pomegranate juice (16 fl oz)
- 1¼ cups vodka
- ⅔ cup orange juice
- 1 tbs lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 1 pomegranate
- Combine ginger ale, pomegranate juice, vodka, orange juice, and lime juice in a large pitcher. Stir with a long rubber or silicone spoon.
- Place ice in each serving glass along with an orange slice. Pour in desired amount of punch.
- Cut pomegranate into 8 wedges and use your fingers to pick out the seeds. Top each drink with pomegranate seeds and serve.
2. To make your drink look like the pictures, place an orange slice in each glass, pressing it to one side of the glass. Fill completely with ice. Then, pour in punch and top with pomegranate seeds.
3. You may have some extra pomegranate seeds leftover. These are great in salads or just to eat on their own!
4. This drink can also be made with champagne or a sparkling wine. Replace the ginger ale with the beverage of choice and leave out the vodka.
Here are some other cocktails you might enjoy!