This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thanks to all the brands who continue to make Go Eat and Repeat possible! #SpooktacularSnacks #CollectiveBias
Layers of smooth pumpkin pudding, sweet graham cracker crumbs, chocolatey cereal, and cool whipped cream combine to create these fun Pumpkin Pudding Trifles. These sweet treats are simple to put together and will impress even your toughest critics!
Can you believe that it is almost Halloween? When I flew back last week for my friends wedding I was pleasantly surprised to see all the trees changing colors, feeling the cool crisp air, and enjoying a nice cup of hot apple cider. When I left Italy it was still fairly warm and no trees had lost their leaves. It just didn’t really feel like fall. No pumpkins, no apple cider, and clearly no Halloween decor.
Thankfully as soon as I touched down in Maryland I got to experience all of those lovely things about my favorite season again. Fall is just perfect. Not too hot. Not too cold. Can still go out and do things but also don’t need an excuse to stay at home cuddling under a blanket. And don’t even get me started on fall food. Like seriously, it’s the best. Warm and comforting, it is food that just makes you feel good.
In celebration of the season, I set out to create a cute, and fun, Halloween treat. I found these adorable Halloween cereals at Target that include flavors such as strawberry, blueberry, and chocolate! Naturally, the chocolate peaked my interest and I was inspired to put it into a fun Halloween snack! (Click here for other recipe ideas!)
Here’s a snapshot of where I found them in Target. Aren’t they adorable?!
The boxes also contain pieces to create a super fun haunted house! All you need to do is cut out all of the pieces along the dotted lines. Then, fold parts of the Count Chocula® box in, and attach the Franken Berry® wings on either end (securing with some tape). Top the building with the Boo Berry® steeple and it is done! Just add the feet onto the figures and you have a haunted house like mine!
But let’s talk about the creme de la creme of this post- the Pumpkin Pudding Trifles. Smooth and creamy pumpkin pudding pairs perfectly with graham cracker crumbs, chocolate cereal, and cool whipped cream. The textures are just right and it is a treat that is just sweet enough for an after school or after work snack. Plus, look at how pretty they are! They are perfect for serving to your family or at a Halloween party!
Q:What is your favorite part of fall?
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 6 graham cracker sheets, crushed
- 2 cups Count Chocula cereal, crushed
- Whipped cream, to taste
- Prepare the pumpkin pudding by mixing sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in 1 cup of milk and egg until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan on medium-low heat, boil remaining 1 cup milk. Once boiling, whisk in reserved sugar mixture and pumpkin puree. Whisking constantly, cook an additional 5 to 6 minutes or until the pudding is smooth and has thickened. Remove from the heat and mix in butter. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Once chilled, assemble the trifles. Begin by scooping in a layer of graham cracker crumbs. Top crumbs with a thick layer of pumpkin pudding. Top pudding with cereal crumbs, and then whipped cream to taste. Repeat once more, topping the final layer of whipped cream with whole cereal pieces. Serve immediately.