A comforting dinner can be made in just 30 minutes with this Quick Cincinnati Chili. Quick, easy, and full of flavor, this fun twist on chili will become a new favorite!
Happy Wedding Day! Today is the day that I get to watch one of my closest friends get married =) It seems like just yesterday she called me to let me know that she got engaged. Remember this lovely (somewhat sleepy) selfie?
Well now it is finally here! We had the rehearsal and the dinner over the last few days and I am so ready to watch her walk down the aisle. It definitely is surreal to see my friend at 8 or 9 turn into a beautiful bride. I hope she has a lifetime of happiness with her
fiance husband, Miguel =)
The other good thing? I got to wear my bridesmaid’s dress last week to the Navy Ball! =) It was so much fun to get dressed up and see Matt in his uniform. We had a wonderful dinner followed by a little dancing. Here is one of my favorite shots from the evening-
Aren’t we cute? =) The dress was just too pretty not to wear to the ball. (Even if it made me a nervous wreck that something would happen to it.
And don’t worry, I’ll try to post some wedding photos soon too!
Ok, now that I’m done gushing about the wedding today, let’s talk for a minute about this Quick Cincinnati Chili.
Have you ever heard of Cincinnati chili before? I hadn’t until a few years ago when I was up late watching FoodNetwork. They had a restuarant on there featuring this so called “chili”.
After watching the show it looked so interesting to me! Chili on pasta? Yum! And it is totally yum!
Now, as I am not from Cincinnati (or even Ohio), I cannot attest to how authentic it is for Cincinnati chili. I can say, however, that it is delicious.
This savory, warming chili, is so fun to eat on top of the pasta. Then, topping the chili with traditional toppings puts this dish over the top!
It is a great mixup to regular chili and is so quick and simple to make! It’s ready in just 30 minutes and can be made in advance and left to sit in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat! Quick, comforting, and easy, it is perfect for fall!
- 2 tbs olive oil, divided
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6oz tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- Spaghetti noodles
- Diced onion
- Kidney beans
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare the chili. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tbs olive oil on medium heat. Once warm, add turkey and cook until browned, mashing the meat to create crumbles. Remove from the pan and drain.
- Add remaining 1 tbs of olive oil to the pan and add onion. Cook until onion becomes translucent. Once translucent, add in minced garlic and cook until fragrant. Re-add in turkey and all remaining chili ingredients (except the noodles). Cook until thoroughly combined, about 5 minutes. Serve on top of spaghetti with cheese, onion and/or kidney beans.
- 1. Chili should be thick, there should not be any liquid in the pan.