Creamy cheese ravioli sautéed in a light sauce of garlic and basil. Ravioli with Garlic Basil Oil is a great 25 minute meal!
Did any of you ever watch Newlyweds: The First Year on Bravo?
I really enjoyed that show and, as a soon to be newlywed myself, I have been just dying to watch it again. But I haven’t seen any promotions for a new season and I feel like it’s been a year since the last season ended. Anyone know if it’s coming back?
I even tried looking to see if there were any casting calls for a new season. If so, you know I would be telling Matt we need to get on it! I mean, we have a good story I think. Long distance couple finally able to be together for their first year of marriage and first year living together. Come on Bravo, throw me a bone here 😉
To wet my appetite I’ve been going through and watching the old seasons online. And of course I was getting super emotional when it shows their weddings and started balling my eyes out. It’s just so sweet, especially now that I’m going to be one of them!
So if any of you have the hookup on that show, holla at cha girl 😉
Well, as I wait for Bravo to put the show back on, let me give you a super easy dinner idea. Ravioli with Garlic Basil Oil. 25 minute meal. Easy. Delicious.
The flavor combinations in here knock this out of the park. Gently roasted garlic with fresh basil leaves makes the whole house smell amazing, and eating it is even more amazing! The creamy ravioli is balanced out with the bite of red pepper flakes, the sweet earthiness of basil, and that garlicy deliciousness.
This is definitely a good weeknight, running out of time and energy, dinner. And you know me, I like easy meals.
Hope you enjoy it and happy cooking!
- 1 25oz bag frozen cheese ravioli
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup chopped basil leaves
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Ground black pepper, to garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil on high heat. Salt the water and cook ravioli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, pour olive oil and minced garlic cloves into a large saute pan on medium low heat. Cook garlic 2 to 3 minutes or until just beginning to get golden in color. Reduce heat to low and add in ½ cup pasta water once the ravioli has cooked. Allow to simmer 4 to 5 minutes. Drain ravioli.
- Toss ravioli and basil into the skillet. Cook for one minute to allow the basil to wilt and for the ravioli to absorb the sauce. Turn off heat and add in parmesan and a sprinkle of black pepper. Serve.
Other pasta dishes you might love!