A classic ice cream is transformed into a delicious and soft cookie. Rocky Road Cookies can be prepared quickly and will leave everyone asking you for the recipe!
Happy Tuesday everyone! Did you have a nice weekend?
Ours was pretty mellow. Friday night we stayed in and lit a new candle and watched a replay of Thursday night’s football game. Saturday we went on the search for a hutch for our living room. We finally got rid of our Navy loaner furniture about two weeks ago, and since it disappeared the corner of our living room that it occupied has been left vacant. In the other corner of the room? Things we needed to put away but didn’t have a space for.
Finally we went to settle that. After just two stores we found a hutch that was roughly the size we wanted, that matched the other furniture in our room, and had plenty of storage space. We proudly brought the bundle of joy home Saturday evening. We got rid of the stuff on the floor and filled up that empty corner in the room. Half the night Matt and I were just staring, admiring our new hutch. I guess that means I’m an adult now, when I get this excited for a hutch in our living room.
Well, regardless, as I look over my left shoulder I’m very happy to see that piece there. And I’m even happier because I have a tin of Rocky Road Cookies sitting next to me.
Given that cookie season is coming with a bounty of cookie swaps, I decided I wanted to make a cookie that was beyond the ordinary sprinkled sugar cookies. In addition- chocolate. Because it’s the best.
What I ended up with was a cookie that was super simple to make and totally delicious! The soft, chocolatey cookie is accented splendidly with the salty pecans and gooey marshmallows. It is a great recreation of your favorite ice cream, but only in a give-able cookie form!
Your friends, family and coworkers will all love these fun treats!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbs lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 3/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs, oil, brown sugar and cocoa powder until fully blended. Toss in marshmallows and pecans and gently stir into the mixture until well combined.
- Place dough on a baking sheet in 1-2 tbs sized balls. Place cookies about 2 inches apart on the sheet because they will spread when cooked. Bake 10-13 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 - 10 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- 1. Cooling the cookies on the baking sheet is a really important step because during baking the marshmallows melt and become very sticky. In allowing them to rest on the pan for 5 to 10 minutes, you are letting the marshmallow cool and unstick.
- 2. Be careful when moving these cookies to an airtight container! The marshmallow in the cookies may want to stick a bit to your cooling rack.