Intense chocolate cupcakes and smooth salted caramel frosting combine to make these Salted Caramel Chocolate Cupcakes! They are addicting!
Goodness. Well that was an ordeal. I swear just when I think everything will be peachy, then BAM! Technical issues.
Yes, dear Go Eat and Repeat followers, I had all intentions to post these gorgeous Salted Caramel Chocolate Cupcakes on my blog on Friday just on schedule. But on Thursday when I was typing up my post I couldn’t get anything to save!
Well after several failed Googling attempts and empty support forum posts, I finally decided to try something different and call my hosting service to figure out the problem. Good thing because they were great and helped me fix my problem! There was some issue with one of the plugins on my page. It was definitely an ordeal to fix, but I guess at least I know what to do next time so I can trouble shoot.
It’s just so weird how one day it is fine and the next day it isn’t. Well, so is the life of blogging I guess…
Anyways after dealing with that pain I decided I need to treat myself to not one, but two of these Salted Caramel Chocolate Cupcakes.
These cupcakes are decadent on decadent on decadent. The chocolate cupcakes are rich and soft and wonderfully chocolatey. Then that frosting. The salted caramel frosting is smooth and creamy and full of caramel flavor. Then topping the cupcakes with even more caramel and a little bit of sea salt takes these cupcakes over the moon!
There are so many great things about these cupcakes I can’t explain them all! Make them up today and indulge!
PS The frosting is an adaptation from Baker by Nature! It is amazing!
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tbs coffee
- 1 tbs white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Caramel sauce
- Sea salt
- Slivered almonds
- Combine brown sugar, butter, cream, vanilla, and salt in a small pot over medium-low heat. Bring mixture to a simmer to allow sugar to melt. Remove from the heat and allow to cool 2-3 minutes. Pour frosting into the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and slowly add powdered sugar into the frosting while beating at medium-low speed. Once combined, beat for another 4-5 minutes or until the frosting is thick and fluffy. Allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper baking cups and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat sugar, milk, oil, coffee, vinegar, and vanilla until combined. Slowly add dry ingredients into wet mixture, beating just until combined.
- Fill prepared cupcake tins 2/3 of the way with batter. Place in the preheated oven and bake 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Remove from the muffin tin and allow to cool before frosting.
- Once the frosting and cupcakes have cooled, assemble cupcakes. Spread desired amount of frosting onto each cupcake. Then, drizzle over a small amount of caramel sauce and a sprinkle of coarse sea salt. Finally, add in two slivered almonds for presentation. Store in an airtight container.