Crunchy, gooey and chocolaty, these S’mores Brownies combine everything that’s perfect about a brownie and s’mores into one! Plus, they can be ready in 30 minutes. What more do you need to say?
This week is getting crazy. It is nearing May which means that like many other students out there, I am finishing out the semester in the next two weeks. While I definitely look forward to not having to worry about class work and be able to focus exclusively on my blog, these next two weeks are bad. Why is it that huge projects and final exams are always within a week of one another? I have been so busy with school lately that I just needed an easy, pick-me-up. When I think of comforting foods, my mind wanders nearly instantly to sweets, and then later to these s’mores brownies.
These brownies are delicious and so easy to make! To make these brownies more time efficient, I use a boxed brownie mix plus my desired toppings. Boxed brownie mixes are just so easy and perfect for what I need them for. Besides, they are plenty dressed up with the addition of marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate pieces!
They are just the treat I need to get through the next two weeks. Plus, it gave me my first opportunity to send Matt in with goodies for his coworkers. They all loved them! This includes one woman who claimed she didn’t like brownies, tried a bite, then came back for seconds! I guess I like being that cute Navy girlfriend to feed him and his friends at work. After all, the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach…
Prep time 30 minutes
- 1 box brownie mix, with all ingredients needed to cook the brownies
- 6 graham crackers, broken into pieces
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 8 (1.5oz) bars milk chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9″x13″ baking pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, prepare brownies according to box directions. Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Place brownies in oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the brownies are cooked through most of the way.
- Meanwhile, mix graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate pieces in a bowl.
- Remove brownies from the oven and pour on s’more mixture, gently pressing the toppings into the brownies.
- Bake the s’mores brownies an additional 15 minutes until brownies are cooked through and marshmallows have browned slightly.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting into serving size pieces.
Tip: These brownies are best served day of. The graham crackers have a tendency to become stale if not stored properly.