Layers of brownie, marshmallow cream and coconut combine to recreate this Hostess favorite! Sno Ball Brownies are a fun and easy treat that everyone will love!
It’s the holidays, so you know what I just cannot get enough of? Holiday movies. It seems like “Elf” and “National Lampoons Christmas Vacation” have been repeat at my house. But hey, this is the only time of the year I feel it is acceptable to watch them!
It reminds me of when I was a kid my brother and I would watch the cartoon version of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” probably a dozen times a day while we were at my Grandma’s in Wisconsin. Seriously. We would finish watching it, rewind the VHS tape, and replay it again. Now that I’m sort of an adult, I can imagine it probably drove my parents, and my Grandma, crazy! On the other hand it kept us out of their hair… so maybe it was a good trade off for them.
While I still love that movie, “Elf” and “National Lampoons Christmas Vacation” are quickly becoming my new work background sounds. That and the occasional Hallmark movie.
Have you ever noticed how all Hallmark movies have titles that are basically the same? My mom and I joke, they might have movies like: A mom for Christmas, a husband for Christmas, a boyfriend for Christmas, a grandpa for Christmas, a dad for Christmas, a fiance for Christmas… etc. Seriously, don’t you notice that too?
I have to say though I got engrossed in one the other night. I didn’t even intend for it to be so either! I wanted just to listen to it as I dozed off and I ending up wanting to watch the whole thing! Even if they are cliché they do drag you in!
So in not wanting to be too cliché in posting another Christmas cookie recipe, I’m doing something different.
And not just any brownie, Sno Ball Brownies.
Remember the snack Sno Balls that Hostess makes? That chocolate cake filled with cream, enveloped in marshmallow and coated in pink coconut?
Well that was my inspiration for today’s post- just a bit updated!
And to be honest, these are even better than Sno Balls. The rich and chocolatey brownie is the perfect transportation vessel for the creamy marshmallow fluff. At the end of each bite you get a nice hint of the nutty coconut. You can’t stop at just one either. You will want half the dish!
The best part? How easy it is!
I love short-cuts so I used a brownie box mix as the base of this recipe. Then, I jazzed up some other ingredients, and BAM! Sno Ball Brownies.
Oh, Christmas Vacation is about to start. Got to go now…
- 1 box brownie mix (and it's ingredients)
- 1 (7oz) jar marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp water
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 drops food coloring
- Prepare brownie mix according to box directions, baking brownies in a 9x13" pan. Once cooked, allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together marshmallow fluff, powdered sugar, and water. Spread gently on top of the brownies so that the marshmallow fluff covers the entire pan.
- In a separate bowl combine coconut and food coloring, mixing until coconut is evenly colored. Sprinkle coconut on top of brownies, pressing it gently into the marshmallow. Allow to sit for 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator.