Planning lunch is hard. This Southwest Turkey Wrap makes it easy! Skinny, fast, and full of great southwest flavor!
I must say, I’m pretty proud of myself. I’ve still managed to post easy, and relatively skinny, meals so far on the blog. (Though next week that will change, but more on that next week)
This year has been pretty busy for me; mostly because I’ve realized my wedding is just over 100 days away. As in 101 days from now…
This just got real.
We’ve been engaged over a year now, so I really can’t believe that in just over three months all these things I’ve been planning for months and months will finally come to fruition.
I’m also now really hunkering down on tasks that I’ve started in the past, but got frustrated and stopped. I really only have two things completely done- our cake and our centerpieces. I don’t even have the food done and I’m a food blogger!
But I’m also a perfectionist so that might be to blame…
With it being busy at work and busy at home, I really do try to choose lean options for my lunches. I don’t like to go out everyday (mostly because I hate spending the money), so I worked on a new wrap that I won’t feel too guilty about.
Hello Southwest Turkey Wrap, you delicious little thing you.
I wanted to make this lunch as easy as possible. I’m not all about spending a ton of time on lunch.
That is one reason I nixed tomatoes. I find that they don’t keep really well in the fridge, and since I’m not about slicing them up at 6 am, I cut them out. What I did though was put together a fresh and flavorful salsa which I can put together once, then scoop into my wrap each day.
I also elected for turkey meat from the deli. I don’t feel like cooking chicken breasts either, so something else I can just take out of the fridge makes my life easier.
The ease of this wrap is made only better by how delicious it is. The salsa tossed in lime juice makes the wrap really fresh and light. The red onion adds a nice bite, the avocado adds a creaminess, and the spicy ranch gives it an extra zing. I love the variety of flavors that still feel really light, and one I do not feel bad about eating.
If you are like me and a lazy lunch cook, you really must try these out.
- 1 (15oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 3 tbs lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 10" spinach wrap (or other sandwich wrap)
- 4 tbs spicy or chipotle ranch dressing
- 8 slices deli turkey
- 8 tbs shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 sliced avocado
- Combine corn, black beans, red onion, lime juice, hot sauce and salt in a tupperware container. Toss to combine.
- Lay out one tortilla. Spread 1 tbs spicy or chipotle ranch on one side of tortilla. Top with 2 slices of turkey, 2 tbs shredded cheddar cheese, ¼ of the sliced avocado, and a hearty scoop of the prepared salsa (I used about ½ cup worth).
- Begin rolling tortilla on side with filling. Roll tortilla once, then tuck in sides. Continue rolling tightly until entirely rolled up. Cut in half. Repeat with remaining 3 tortillas.