This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #JustAdd7UP
Add a little flare to your margaritas with a twist of jalapeno! Muddled jalapeno, 7UP®, and a sugar rim make this 7UP Game Day Rita a unique and fun drink!
Just saying that word makes me happy.
They’re the kind of drink that goes so perfectly with a salty corn chip and some thick cheese dip.
It makes me happy even thinking about it!
So perfect. So delicious. SO my favorite drink.
Since no good football party would be complete without one, let’s make us up a big ole batch of them. And this time, I’m making them a mocktail!
Now of course, you can add tequila to it if you’d like, but I figured I would start with a mocktail version so that everyone can enjoy it.
So let’s break down this 7UP Game Day Rita.
As you probably guessed, 7UP is the main ingredient in these little beauties. I really like the 7UP in these because it is such a versatile ingredient. I love using it as the base in my drinks because it adds a nice sweetness and of course that bubbly nature that I love. In this Game Day Rita it is particularly great because the 7UP adds really nice flavors of lemon and lime, something perfect for my margarita! I picked up the 7UP 12 pack to make my drinks at Walmart the other day!
The other unique thing about these margaritas is the jalapeno. When creating the drink, I muddle some jalapenos in the glass with some limes to help release the flavor. I also use a jalapeno slice to dampen each rim to put sugar on it! I usually am a salt on the rim kind of girl, but the heat in the jalapeno really calls for a sweet rim.
We’re just mixing it up in all kinds of ways today!
I love making these for football parties. They are so delicious and a really cool twist on the traditional margarita. The 7UP makes it sweet, the lime juice makes it tart, and the jalapeno gives it an added something! They are a proud member of my playoff gatherings.
Enjoy and happy mixing!
- 2 jalapenos
- 2 limes, each cut into 6 wedges
- 3 cans 7UP
- 2 cups lime juice
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- Take one jalapeno and cut it into 5 to 6 long slices, removing seeds. Cut the other jalapeno into rounds, also removing the seeds.
- Place all but one jalapeno slice in the bottom of a pitcher with half of the lime wedges. With the back of a wooden spoon, muddle limes and jalapeno by pressing spoon into the jalapenos and limes to release juices. Pour in 7UP and lime juice and stir to combine.
- Pour sugar in a bowl. With remaining jalapeno slice, rub top rim of all glasses. Dip each glass in sugar to cover rim. Fill each glass with ice and pour in margarita mix. Add jalapeno slices and remaining lime wedges to the top of the glass and serve.
Q: What’s your favorite game day drink?