So my post for today is all about my Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken. Chicken is one of the most popular foods in the United States. Think about it, you yourself probably have chicken with at least two or three meals a week. With all the chicken that we love to eat, we need a variety of recipes to serve it up with. But have no fear, my recipe is here to save you from bland and boring chicken!
This spice rub does not disappoint. It is packed full of flavor. The citrus adds a really nice and fresh taste while the spicy rub will wake up any palette.
Oh, and one other good thing about this recipe? It is so healthy for you! Now I know we all love our fried chicken every now and then, but it is usually packed full of fat. This recipe cuts all of that out without sacrificing an ounce of flavor. The herbs and spices used, as well as the citrus juice, make a nice moist and decadent meal. No frying needed. In addition, chicken is packed full of protein to give you a good and healthy calorie boost that will keep you fully longer. What could be better than that?
Prep time 30 minutes, Serves 4
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3/4 tsp to 1 tsp cayenne (less cayenne will make it less spicy)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbs butter
- 4 tbs olive oil
- Juice from 3 to 4 limes (about 3/4 cup juice)
- Sprinkle first 8 ingredients in a bowl. Stir to combine. Spread spice mixture on both sides of each chicken breast.
- Heat butter and oil over medium heat and cook chicken until white in the center and juices run clear (about 3 to 5 minutes per side). Cook chicken in batches if it cannot lie in a flat layer in your pan.
- Once all chicken is cooked, add all chicken back to pan and pour in lime juice. Simmer to reheat chicken and serve.