Shake up taco night with these Steak Tacos with Corn Salsa! Steak, pico de gallo, corn salsa, and avocado combine to make this quick and delicious dinner!
Fun fact: This post was initially going to be Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts.
My, how things have changed.
I was initially planning on making these gorgeous lemon chicken breasts with golden brown skin and mouthwatering lemon and herbs sprinkled over it. The perfect Easter meal.
BUT…. then I was making my grocery list and thought, I don’t really want chicken. You know what I do want? Tacos. So that is that.
But I think it worked out pretty well in the end because not only were they amazing and delicious, but they are also my first taco post on Go Eat and Repeat!
This definitely calls for a celebration! Or a margarita… One of the two.
These tacos are the bomb.com. For reals. The thinly sliced steak is so nice and tender. The corn salsa is citrusy with amazing bites of jalapeno and red onion. The avocado is smooth and creamy and the pico de gallo adds a wonderful juiciness to pull it all together. These tacos are like an explosion of flavor. And they are so good. Definitely curing my cravings for tacos. If only I could eat like 37 more…
But wedding dress shopping probably won’t appreciate that.
Enjoy this flavor fiesta and happy cooking!
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4.25 oz) can diced green chilies (juice and all)
- 1/4 cup white onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1-2 lbs. steak (round, strip, whichever kind you prefer- thinly sliced)
- 1 (15 oz) can corn
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Pico de gallo or other chunky salsa
- Flour tortillas
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Combine all ingredients for the steak in a resealable plastic bag. Set in the refrigerator to marinate for 3-4 hours.
- After marinating, prepare the corn salsa by combining all salsa ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and place steak in the pan and cook to desired doneness. Remove steak to a cutting board and allow to sit for 3-5 minutes. Slice into strips.
- To assemble the tacos, fill tortillas with some steak, a spoonful of corn salsa, a spoonful of salsa, and a slice of avocado. Garnish with cilantro if desired.