Strawberry Blueberry Pie is loaded with fresh fruit and is so easy to make! You need to make this fun and festive pie for your next cookout!
First off, how gorgeous is that pie?
Even though I’ve been on a sweet blogging spree, I just could not let another week go by without making such a fun and festive dessert. After all, the 4th of July is right around the corner and who couldn’t use an amazing pie to bring with them to a bbq?
This pie is full of great, fresh fruit. My fridge is currently stocked full of cherries, watermelon, canteloupe, strawberries and blueberries! I have so much that I also made a fruit sauce to top my oatmeal in the morning or ice cream at night!
With all this fresh fruit, a pie was a must. And why not make it a festive one?
I started with my classic pie formula- a lot of fruit, a little sugar, a drop of lemon juice, and a few tablespoons of flour. The flour really helps thicken the fruit juice and makes it so thick and decadent and wonderful. Even when I simmer some fruit on the stove I add in some flour to help it thicken!
And did you notice that you don’t see a lot of Strawberry and Blueberry pies out there? It’s always mixed with other fruit. But what’s wrong with the two individually? Glad we’re all
groundbreakers groundbakers here and like to mix it up a little. Go us.
So go make this and be the MVP of your bbq and a groundbaker!
- Cooking spray
- 2 uncooked 9" pie crusts
- 4 cups sliced strawberries (about 1 lb)
- 2 cups blueberries
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- 6 tbs all purpose flour
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- Sprinkle of white granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a 9" round baking dish. Unroll one pie crust and place it in the bottom of the baking dish, gently pressing in the dough so it touches all sides. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, gently toss together strawberries, blueberries, sugar, flour, and lemon juice. Pour fruit mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Unroll second pie crust and cut five or six stars in the dough. Place the stars on top of the pie. Brush stars and side crust of dough with beaten egg. Sprinkle stars with a pinch of white sugar. Place in the oven and allow to bake 45 to 50 minutes or until the crust is browned. If crust is browning too quickly, cover browned crust with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Once baked, allow to sit 1 to 2 hours to cool before serving. Store in the refrigerator.
Here is some more pie love for you!