This Strawberry Galette with Chocolate Drizzle is perfect for a romantic date night! Strawberries baked in pie crust and drizzled with melted chocolate is one not to miss!
Hey hey hey!
Welcome to Go Eat and Repeat’s 3rd annual sweet week!
Yes, it is that special week of the year before Valentine’s Day where I share romantic desserts (and a few breakfasts) that are perfect for you and your sweetie, your gal pals, or even just yourself!
I LOVE sweet week. I love crafting up beautiful and romantic desserts that are so perfect for Valentine’s Day.
And even though many people don’t like Valentine’s Day, I actually love it. I love the flowers, the stuffed animals, the sweet messages. Yes, I’m a sap and I eat it all up. Gladly too.
In the past I’ve shared desserts like a Molten Chocolate Lava Cake and Meringues Chantilly. Those were amazing. But this year I’m going with a theme. One dessert celebrating the sexy side of romance and one celebrating the sweet. This Strawberry Galette with Chocolate Drizzle? Definitely the sexy side.
I mean, come on, what isn’t attractive about chocolate covered strawberries? Throw it into a pie crust and let it bake away until some of the strawberry juice turns into this thick, sweet, sticky sauce and it’s heaven. The warm strawberries, the thick sauce, the crisp pie crust, and that chocolate drizzle make this combo out of this world.
Since my honey is still away, my family and I were the ones to indulge in this. And let me tell you, the entire galette was gone in 5 minutes. It’s that good.
Stay tuned later this week to enjoy the sweet side of romance! For now, let’s indulge in the sexy!
- 1 lb whole frozen strawberries (not thawed)
- 1 tbs all purpose flour
- 2 tbs white granulated sugar, plus 1 tsp
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 9" raw pie crust
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tsp cream
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine strawberries, flour, 2 tbs sugar, and lemon zest. Toss until strawberries are coated in flour and sugar. Unroll pie crust and place it in the center of the prepared baking sheet. Pour strawberries into the center of the pie crust, leaving about a 2 inch border all around. Gently fold up edges of dough towards the base of the strawberries. Brush crust with beaten egg, then sprinkle on remaining 1 tsp of sugar to the crust. Place in the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the crust is golden and crispy.
- After removing the galette from the oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes. While it is cooling, combine chocolate chips and cream in a small bowl. Microwave chocolate in 15 second intervals, stirring well after each 15 seconds, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Drizzle desired amount of chocolate over the top of the galette, and serve remaining chocolate on the side. Slice galette into four pieces and serve.
More desserts perfect for a romantic date night: