Corn, tomatoes, cucumbers and feta combine to make a perfect healthy side dish for summer! Summer Corn Salad is the perfect addition to any barbecue or family dinner!
Happy July everyone! Can you believe that the 4th of July is tomorrow? The summer is flying by!
While I have never really been a fan of the heat and humidity that summer brings with it, I am a HUGE fan of summer produce. Fruits and vegetables galore! It is food just as I love it- fresh and from the farmstand.
My mom and I are fiends at the farmstand each summer, making trips to the one nearest our house several times a week. It is just impossible to beat a fresh tomato versus a store bought one! They boast bunches of fresh tomatoes, mounds of fresh corn, squashes, fruits and more!
This recipe is a celebration of all those fresh ingredients, but can even be made without them in cooler months.
This Summer Corn Salad is light and refreshing, with all the ingredients combining perfectly into one amazing dish.
Plus, it’s a no guilt recipe! And what is really better than that?
- 4 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce
- 2 tbs olive oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 1 1/4 cups tomato, chopped
- 3/4 cup cucumber, chopped
- 2 tbs basil, julienned
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, salt, hot sauce, and 5 tsp olive oil. Set aside.
- In a skillet pan, pour remaining 1 tsp olive oil and corn. Cook over medium heat until corn becomes warm and tender. Add to the bowl with the reserved dressing.
- Add chopped tomatoes, cucumbers and basil to the bowl. Set in the fridge to cool thoroughly before serving.
- Just before serving, add feta cheese to the salad and serve.