Chocolate oreo crust, smooth cheesecake, chopped Twix bars, and caramel sauce combine to make this Twix Cheesecake absolutely decadent!
Whenever I tell Matt that I need an idea for a dessert the answer inevitably comes back as cheesecake. After all, he was the inspiration behind the Caramel Pecan Cheesecake I posted a few months back.
This time I was so excited because I wanted to do a Butterfinger cheesecake. Then, I went to the grocery store on base only to find out that they didn’t sell Butterfingers. Isn’t that odd? They have every other candy we all know and love except Butterfingers.
Well, being the quick thinking food blogger that I am, I remembered that we still had some leftover caramel sauce in the fridge and that instead I could do a Twix cheesecake filled with caramel and topped with chopped candy.
The result was a cheesecake that didn’t even make me miss my originally planned Butterfinger cheesecake. The cheesecake is smooth and ultra creamy and has a light sweetness from the caramel sauce. The oreo crust is the perfect chocolate complement and the chopped Twix on the top make it even better. Drizzle on some extra caramel and this dessert is a real winner!
Plus it is fiance approved. So that is always a good thing.
Enjoy and happy cooking!
- 16 oreos (cookie and filling), crushed to a powder
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 (8oz) blocks cream cheese, brought to room temperature
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups sour cream
- ⅓ cup caramel sauce, plus more for topping
- 3 Twix bars, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a springform pan with cooking spray or butter. Combine crushed oreos and butter in a small bowl and stir until all oreo crumbs are coated in butter. Press crumbs firmly into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the prepared springform pan. Place in the oven and allow to bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- While the crust is cooking and cooling, beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until the batter is smooth and lump free. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Next, add flour, vanilla, sour cream, and caramel sauce to the bowl and mix until combined and smooth.
- Pour batter into cooled crust and smooth top with a spatula. Place in the oven and bake for 55 to 65 minutes. (Hint: The cheesecake will be jiggly when you pull it out of the oven. The edges should be set but 3” or so of the center should be loose. Do not overcook!)
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and place in the refrigerator to cool for 7 hours or overnight (covered). (Hint: Cooling firms up the cheesecake and is an essential step. I chilled mine overnight to ensure it was thoroughly cool and settled).
- Once chilled, and before serving, top cheesecake with chopped Twix bars and a drizzle of caramel.
More cheesecake love!