So I must say, when this idea came to me late at night I kind of geeked out about it. A whole week devoted to sweets! And right before Valentine’s Day? Perfect! Now I, as well as all those of you who love Valentine’s Day, can geek out with me!
It is sweet week after all! This week I intend on posting only cute or romantic Valentine’s day dessert ideas. Why rush out to yet another restaurant or jack up your bill even more when you can have these delicious treats right in the comfort of your own home?
These recipes are great for a dessert for you and your sweetheart, to give as a gift to someone you love in your life, or like me the majority of my life… to celebrate Valentine’s Day the single way by treating yourself.
So I’m letting this chronicle begin with Valentine’s Day themed funfetti cupcakes.
After all, who doesn’t look back on their childhood to a bake sale and remember how scrumptious and monstrously delicious funfetti cake was?
Well I’m making mine with a twist, a heart filled one. Literally. Instead of using the typical rainbow sprinkles I have filled mine with red, white, and pink sprinkles shaped like hearts. Of course, I also had to top my cupcakes with more of these hearts.
I also geeked out at the craft store looking at all of the adorable Valentine’s day decorations. Of course, I had to stock up on sprinkles and cupcake tins, you know, for research purposes………..
But I also did grab myself another steal. It was one of those things that when you see it you wonder where it has been all your life. Something you can simply not live without.
What was it you ask?
My very own deep dish dessert pan.
Come on, you know you want one. I had no idea I wanted it until I saw it there beneath the mirage of pink and red Valentine’s Day decorations. I seriously CANNOT WAIT to use it. CANNOT WAIT. So I’m sure in the near future we’ll see a baked deep dish cookie, deep dish brownie, or molten lava cake appear on my blog. But see, we all win with that!
Ok, enough rambling about my shopping trip and how much I love the idea of sweet week leading up to one of the most romantic days of the year. Here is my recipe for a cute funfetti cupcake recipe. I hope you
like love them!
Prep time 50 minutes, Makes 18 cupcakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 and 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup red, white, and pink sprinkles
- (Optional: Your frosting of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin pan with paper cupcake tins (preferably Valentine’s Day ones).
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix melted butter and sugar well. Mixture should be light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract and beat well. Whisk in milk.
- Slowly add in flour mixture to the wet mix. Whisk just until combined. DO NOT OVER BEAT!
- Add sprinkles into mixture. Gently fold in just until sprinkles are scattered throughout the batter.
- Pour batter into lined cupcake pan. Fill cupcake cups 3/4 of the way. (Hint: Use an ice cream scooper to make sure each cupcake has the same amount of batter).
- Bake cupcakes 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Allow to cool before frosting.